Based in Dublin, with its strong tradition for creative writing and its deep historical links with America, and in Paris, a major European and world cultural, business and literary centre, Author Rights Agency has well-established connections throughout the world.
Our Latest Frontlist in downloadable PDF format.
Our Latest Backlist in downloadable PDF format.
The information revolution has changed the publishing world and we believe that the new publishing industry order requires new models. Author Rights Agency aims to design business strategies and develop strategic partnerships with authors where its role isn’t limited to seeking publishing deals on their behalf but rather consists in creating visibility and therefore revenue.
- - We connect authors and their creative works directly to the world of book publishing, including electronic publishing, and other media.
- - We act either under contract as authors’ personal representative or on a consultative basis, providing editorial advice, consulting, promotion and public relations services that authors desperately need to achieve their goals, thus enabling authors to reach the targeted readership. We also offer an in-house e-book and POD programme for selected titles.
- - We have a network of co-agents in all major linguistic territories that help us selling translation rights to our authors’ works.
- - We collaborate with social media experts and PR companies.
- - We enter into agreements with persons or organisations that can lead to the exploitation of our authors’ work.
As no two writers are the same, ARA recognises the importance of a personal service to ensure that each authors’ needs are understood and their individual career paths developed accordingly.
Author Rights Agency represents a number of Irish, British and American writers for world rights. Among them, Ken Bruen (finalist for the Edgar, Anthony and Barry awards and winner of the Shamus and the Macavity Awards); Craig McDonald (finalist of the Edgar®, Anthony, Gumshoe, CrimeSpree Awards and Macavity awards); Kathy Page (finalist of the Governor General Award in Canada; long listed for the Orange Prize); Celine Kiernan (winner of the CBI Book of the Year Award and Children’s Choice Award 2012, finalist of The Irish Book Awards and winner of the Readers’ Association of Ireland Award); Bob Burke (winner of the Eilís Dillon/Bisto Award, Ireland); Sam Hawken (finalist of The CWA John Creasey ‘New BLood’ Dagger Award 2011).
Svetlana Pironko, Director
An experienced international agent with a deep knowledge of selling rights all over the world, with personal contacts with the English-speaking publishing world. She has direct experience of working with creative writers, publishers, editors and agents in many international markets and languages. She speaks fluent English, French, Russian and has working knowledge of Italian and has been an interpreter and translator working in Paris for major international organisations.
Before creating Author Rights Agency Ltd. in Dublin in 2006, she was a director of Lora Fountain & Associates Literary Agency in Paris.